follow a person's journey into their material identity. He explores the costuming efforts and experimentation of the young to middle age, where focus is often grounded in an occupation, and on through the deep-rooted traditions and passions of a lifetime.
JD works primarily in oils in the style of classical realism and currently splits his time between Alaska and Texas.
• 2018 - Leather Crafters & Saddlers Journal, May/June 2018 issue, page 71
• 2018 - Dining at Dolli's Diner - eatingwithduy.blogspot.com/2018/05/dining-at-dollis-diner.html
• 2016 - Top 10 in Texas Big 10 for Art at Katy Contemporary Arts Museum, Katy, TX
• 2016 - Finalist in Conroe Art League Invitational, Conroe, TX
• 2015 - Winner of Plein Air Magazine advertising award in Art of the Heartland National Juried Exhibition SouthWest Artists/Mena Art Gallery, Mena, AR http://www.pleinaircollector.com/pages/22522888.php
• 2015 - Finalist in Dab Art's Neoteric International Juried Exhibition, The Hud Gallery, Ventura, CA
• 2015 - Winner of 2nd place in SFA Art Alliance 32nd Annual Art Show, Nacogdoches, TX
• 2015 - Finalist in Texas National Juried Exhibition, Nacogdoches, TX